The MH-C9000 Wizard1 Battery Charger & Analyzer. Suitable for the casual consumer users, enthusiast and professionals, the MH-C9000 is capable of charging, conditioning, analyzing, cycling, forming and discharging one to four AA or AAA batteries, all while digitally displaying the battery capacity and voltage. All four slots can be operated independently in different modes and settings. A total of five modes are available.
Those seeing the unit for the first time will be struck by its large LCD screen, backlit by ultra-bright white LEDs. Measuring over 3.5 by 1.5, the display is more than three times larger than its closest competition and shows a wealth of information that is very easy to read.
In addition to the standard charging, conditioning and discharging, the MH-C9000 Wizard One charger-analyzer also offers two unusual operations modes.
The Break-In mode allows the user to input the capacity of the battery and performs a forming charge designed to properly break-in new batteries.
The Cycle mode allows user to charge and discharge batteries consecutively while storing the capacity for up to 12 cycles. There are ten selectable charging and discharging currents from 0.2A to 2.0A and 0.1A to 1.0A respectively. The charger also features four independent temperature sensors using Mahas latest temperature rise detection algorithm in addition to the usual peak temperature detection. It also armed with additional patented termination algorithms found in other Maha chargers.
The unit can be operated in either basic or advanced mode. In the basic mode, user merely needs to insert the batteries with no further key press. The charger will select the appropriate settings automatically, making it suitable for the casual users.
The MH-C9000 is also incredibly accurate. Using a quartz oscillator time base typically found in computer boards, it is able to report capacity within 1% accuracy across multiple units making battery bench marking more meaningful.
- Four Independent Slots
- It's like having four charger-analyzers for AA and AAA NiMH / NiCD batteries.
- Large back light LCD display
- Digitally displays capacity, voltage, time and current.
- Endless programming possibilities - over 10,000 ways!
- 29 selectable charging and discharging rate. Charging current from 0.2A to 2.0A and discharging current from 0.1A to 1.0A in 0.1A increments.
Endless programming possibilities - over 10,000 ways!
29 selectable charging and discharging rate. Charging current from 0.2A to 2.0A and discharging current from 0.1A to 1.0A in 0.1A increments.
Five modes of operation
New ways to take care of your batteries and maximize runtime! Battery Matching
- Charge: Recharges the battery at the selected rate.
-- Suitable for batteries used frequently
- Refresh & Analyze: Charges the battery, rest for one hour, discharge, rest again, then recharges it. Selectable charging and discharging rate.
-- Suitable for batteries stored for more than two weeks but less than 3 month or those showing poor performance
- Break-In: Also known as IEC capacity measurement and "Battery Forming". Charges battery at 0.1C for 16 hours, rest for one hour, discharges battery at 0.2C, then recharges again at 0.1C for 16 hours.
-- Suitable for new batteries and those stored for more than 3 month.
- Discharge: Discharges the battery at the selected rate.
- Cycle: Performs charge-discharge cycle for up to 12 times with discharge capacity stored in memory. Recharges battery after final cycle.
-- In most devices, usually two or more batteries are used together. When batteries are used in a series, the performance is limited by the worst one. In other words, one poorly performing battery can significantly reduce the device runtime.
-- Battery matching refers to grouping batteries with similar actual capacity. To perform this, use the Refresh & Analyze mode to determine the battery capacity. Group batteries with capacity within about +/- 5% of the rated capacity. Battery Forming
-- New batteries and those stored for extended period become chemically deactivated. Battery forming is a charge-discharge-charge cycle which forces a full charge into the battery at a very slow rate. This process activates the battery. In certain cases, it needs to be repeated two or three times.
-- Battery forming can be performed using the Break-In mode. Delivers just the right charge
-- Independent negative delta V, temperature and timer protection eliminates over and undercharging. Super light travel worldwide power supply and 12V compatible
-- Worldwide 100-240V switching adapter - light weight and small. Also compatible with 12V input. Will work on car when used with the optional cigarette lighter adapter.